Friday, April 17, 2009

Movies of the week! finally

Hello boys and girls, how are you?
Good?... Good
Anyway, it's after 4:00 AM on a friday morning, I'm was mildly to moderately drunk about 3 hours ago, and I decided to watch August Rush.... Wow. I'm not sure if it was me, or Jim Beam that liked it as much as I think we did, but it was friggin awesome. Music is all around us, it's in us, it connects us. It's a harmonic that only some can here, because only some are listening. MMM, just gives me goosebumps. Robin Williams is the dude, end of story.
Here are my top Robin Williams Movies.


-Jakob The Liar
Williams plays a Jew behind German lines in WWII who instills hope in his people, this proves to be far more important than actuality.


-Good Morning Vietnam
Williams plays a military radio man who's humor brings morale to the soldiers of the Vietnam conflict, to the detest of his superiors.


-August Rush
As I said, I was a little drunky when I saw this, but it was frickin awesome. A Fairy tale that IS the story, not just one that tells the story. There is no narrative, nothing extra, just what you need to see. And such MUSIC! A journey for your ears and your heart.



-One Hour Photo
Williams's creepiest movie ever. He plays a photo hut manager who places himself into the lives of a seemingly happy family, then discovers they are no quite so happy as they seem. Absolute must watch. The story is told very very visually, and quite bluntly, if you know what to look for.

2 comments:

  1. I mourn the lack of Dead Poets Society. You know, the movie where he showed us for the first time that he's actually a good actor, not just a comedian.

    Carpe Diem, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about The Fisher King? That movie was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers